Monday, June 1, 2009

A Nerd and Her Chalkboard


June 11, 2009

This was a fun and easy project (two great tastes that don't frequently come together in this house). After I finished repainting the closet doors in the library I discovered chalkboard paint on the living etc. (http://www.livingetc.com/) website and decided to have a go at it. Now the library has a proper blackboard (I'm sure it will come in handy when I start graduate school).




After applying several waifer-thin coats the doors were left to dry for 4 days and then cured with chalk. The curing process was a bit messy and I have begun question the intelegence of turning the closet into a functional chalkboard...

Finished! Complete with some wave equations. Nerdy? Of course, but what did you expect? We're "a house of learned doctors"... ( we will be soon anyway).

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!

    Ben and I wanted to do the kitchen cabinets in NY but never got around to it. Maybe when we get back.

    ReplyDelete